There are so many benefits to having health insurance. From the simple fact that when you are feeling not at your best you have a place to go to get some care. Even having the peace of mind of knowing that when your baby won’t stop coughing you have an expert at hand who will give you everything you need to take care of your little one. But did you know that there are many additional benefits to your health insurance besides your basic doctor visits, prescription drugs and hospital care.
- Online access – How many times have you lost your ID card and need to call to get a new one mailed to you. With online access you can print out a new ID card immediately. You can also see your claims, changed doctors, and never be on hold for over an hour again. You can do all of these and more online.
- Gym Membership – Many insurance companies are now offering gym memberships, discounts on gym membership or even reimbursement on a gym membership if you check in a certain number of times at the gym per month. They may also offer discounts on gym equipment. So if you are looking to invest in an elliptical or a treadmill check to see if you get a discount.
- Diet plans – You may find a discount on certain weight loss and diet plans such as Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem.
- Homeopathic Medicine – more insurance programs are covering homeopathic remedies such as acupuncture or chiropractic care. If they don’t completely cover it they may also offer to add it on for a small fee.
- 24 hours nurse care – small children always seem to get every cold that is out there. And with this service you can call a nurse hotline and get advice if it is enough of an emergency situation to go to urgent care or emergency room.
- Employee Assistance Program – get financial advice for today or for your future financial planning.
- Mental Health – Talk to someone via telephone as well as in person visits if needed.
Health insurance costs are continuing to go up but there are other benefits available to you that adds to the value to your health insurance plans.