When a business gets started there are a number of things that need to happen in order to attract employees. One of the benefits that needs to be in place is health insurance. The Covered California SHOP Exchange is a way for small businesses to provide group health insurance for their employees. Here is how Shop works for small businesses:
How Shop Works
- Each participant in the plan completes a profile and receives a group ID.
- The employee of the company enters the SHOP program and they are then issued an ID of their own. In order for them to access their plan they are also issued a password.
- Once inside the plan the employee enrolls in the health plan that they need for themselves.
- Once the employee has made their selections the employer then verifies that they work there.
- All information is taken care of by the SHOP and then from there it is given over to the insurance carriers.
Any small business owners who have questions about the SHOP in California, should contact Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services. They can help answer all of your questions about Covered California SHOP.