The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is upon us. The online Health Insurance Marketplace, although its had numerous problems with crashes, is not the only way to get the healthcare plan you need. Fortunately, you have other options outside the exchange to buy the health coverage you need.
As the Health and Human Services Department works to repair their site, here are other ways to buy health insurance while avoiding the government exchange.
- Contact a trusted health insurance agent. Experienced individual and group health insurance professionals, like Bernardini & Donovan Insurance.
- Compare and evaluate other healthcare coverage online. You’ll find other options outside the exchange that you might find more desirable.
- Ask your employer if it will offer health insurance, whether mandatory or voluntary. You may find your employer will offer a better, more cost-effective program that you can find elsewhere.
- Join an affinity group or trade organization. Once again groups like these sometimes offer better, less expensive health insurance that fits your budget.
- Contact other health insurance carriers to learn details of their individual plans that comply with the ACA. Assuming you can speak with a live person, call your agent or a company to learn about your options.
If you live in California, contact Bernardini & Donovan Insurance to get their expertise to find the best plan for your situation. You’ll be happy you did.