With open enrollment 2015 right around the corner, you may be stressed out, especially if this is your first time applying for health coverage. However, there is no need to fret! We are here to break down the process and help you understand the often-confusing subject of health care. Here are a few useful tidbits of information to help ease your mind:
- The only way to apply for health care before November 15th is to qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Your current health coverage will end on December 31st of 2014 if it was purchased prior to November 15th, 2014.
- To apply online for health coverage, you will first need to make an account. Be prepared with a username and password that are secure, and memorable.
- You can begin filling out your application on the 15th of November.
- Be prepared to answer questions regarding your income, current health plan, how many individuals are in your household, and more.
- After your application has been filed, you will be presented with the coverage options that you are eligible to take advantage of.
- Once you have evaluated your options, you should select the plan that best suits your lifestyle.
- Your next and last step is to enroll in the plan of your choice, and to pay your first premium before the payment is overdue.
- Get in touch with one of one of our certified Covered California agents here at Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services to help you through the process!
We hope that these tips have proven useful to you! For any additional answers to your health insurance questions, contact the insurance professionals at Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services, located in Redlands! We cannot wait to assist you, today!