As you’ve been hitting the gym constantly and watching what you eat before your summer vacation, there is no reason to lose all that progress as you enjoy your trip. While many think it is impossible to maintain a healthy lifestyle while on vacation, there are a variety of ways to stay healthy but still enjoy yourself. Consider incorporating these 5 helpful tips to maintain a healthy lifestyle while on vacation:
- In order to save both money and calories, you will want to have at least one meal at your hotel or rental property each day. If you are renting a property, you’ll have more freedom to indulge in a tasty but healthy meal. If you will be staying in a hotel, consider bringing breakfast bars, cereal, or oatmeal.
- Remember portion control as you dine out. It is nearly impossible to avoid restaurants altogether while vacationing, therefore, you’ll have to remind yourself that you do not have to finish the entire dish. You will also want to order all sauces and dressings on the side so that you can choose how much you consume.
- If you want to consume alcohol while on vacation, remember that you’ll want to drink only water and sparkling water on all other occasions. Avoid fruity drinks that will be loaded with calories and sugars such as Mai Tais and Pina Coladas. Rather, stick to straight shooters or vodka with sparkling water and lime.
- Whenever possible, walk to your destination. You may want to make an effort to go on a walk after each meal so that you don’t feel bloated and guilty for enjoying yourself.
- Unlike when you’re home exercising, many vacation activities involve exercising in a FUN way. Go zip lining through the forest or indulge on a scenic hike with your spouse.
Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services strives to provide Redlands, California residents with excellent insurance services custom tailored to meet your unique needs. Contact us today and allow us customize a unique health insurance package for your family based on your needs.