Despite common initial reaction to recent health care reform, health insurance brokers are still important, if not more important when it comes to the health care industry. With the majority of California residents still wondering how the Affordable Care Act will affect their lives, insurance brokers are able to help individuals and small businesses navigate through the various health insurance regulations. Gathered are 5 reasons why your insurance broker will become even more vital of an asset to you:
- If you are one of the many individuals who will be purchasing health insurance for the first time, your insurance broker will be able to answer any questions you may have, and guide you through the process of successfully enrolling in health care.
- Your insurance agent will be able to tell you whether or not your existing health insurance plan can become a grandfathered plan where you can keep it. You can even ask your insurance agent to help you determine which plan is the most cost effective and which provides the most benefits to you.
- As a small business owner, you may be able to purchase SHOP coverage through your insurance broker. Likewise, your insurance agent can help make sure that you are following all new rules and regulations under Obamacare, and help you assess the various health insurance options.
- As a small business owner, you can utilize the various benefits of having an employee benefits broker by your side. Your insurance broker will be able to manage your health care costs while ensuring that your organization complies with all rules and regulations.
- Most importantly to note, your insurance agent has been in the industry far longer than any health care reform navigator, therefore, they will best be able to assist you.
We understand that the various implications surrounding Covered California may have you confused, and that is why we are available to dispel any myths and reveal only the truth. Contact Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services for all of your California health insurance needs.
With the introduction of Covered California, better known as Obamacare, many individuals and businesses are left wondering how the implications will affect their lives. Health exchanges have been put in place, providing individuals and businesses with a specific place where they can purchase health insurance through Covered California.
Although these health exchanges have been put in place, many Californians will continue purchasing health insurance from insurance companies, brokers, and private health exchanges. Since the majority of California residents who purchase health insurance will not qualify for government tax subsidies, many individuals would prefer to avoid purchasing health insurance from the state exchange service.
If you choose to purchase health insurance on an off-exchange plan, you will still be receiving top quality care. This is because the off-exchange plans are required to follow the 10 essential health benefits, offering the following 10 necessities:
- Services during emergencies
- Outpatient care without hospital admittance
- Maternity care and newborn care
- Care for those with mental health and substance abuse problems
- Prescription medications
- Rehab and rehabilitative services
- Laboratory facilities
- Pediatric care
- Preventative care
While there are still options for health insurance, it is now required by law that you obtain health insurance. Under the recent health care reform, all individuals must have health insurance. Likewise, there are a variety of legal requirements businesses must abide by now. If you have more than 50 full-time employees, you are now required by law to offer those employees health insurance. The next open enrollment period is fast approaching, so be sure to get informed so that you can make the appropriate health insurance decision based on your unique needs.
We understand that the various implications surrounding the Affordable Care Act may have you confused, and that is why we are available to dispel any myths and reveal only the truth. Contact Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services for all of your California health insurance needs.