American Heart Month
Living healthfully is one of the best forms of health insurance. There are countless ways in which we all can give ourselves the best chance for a long and happy life with simple, health-conscious lifestyle modifications. We at Bernardini and Donovan strongly believe in the value of good health and the protection of oneself from preventable conditions. And out of recognition for the importance of a healthy way of life, this February, we celebrate American Heart Month!
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the US. It is responsible for one in four deaths every year and is seen in all ages. As heart disease has become an epidemic among Americans, it is crucial that we implement the necessary measures of prevention. So this February, look out for ways to celebrate American Heart Month in the promotion of good heart health.
Here are some of our favorite ways to celebrate!
- Take the #MoveWithHeartPledge and pledge to be more physically active in the promotion of your heart health.
- Start a walking or jogging club in your neighborhood.
- Wear red on the first Friday of February to raise awareness for heart health and the prevention of heart disease.
- Speak out on social media about your commitment to heart health so to encourage your friends and followers to maintain their health.
- Modify your cooking! Finding heart-healthy recipes with a simple Google search is easy. Even some of your favorite dishes can be prepared healthfully!