Get The Coverage You Need By December 21st
If the hectic holiday season has made it difficult for you to secure the coverage you need this month, Covered California has a gift for you. Were you hoping to lock down coverage that will begin at the first of the year? If you have begun the application process, you will have until December 21st (rather than the original deadline of December 15th) to finish the application process.
Why the change? The executive director of Covered California, Peter Lee, says that a later date allows people some grace time for completing what he understands can be a complicated process for first-time users. Covered California knows that if you have never secured insurance before, you will want to sit down with a professional to help you understand the kind of coverage you need.
Meeting with a pro has been difficult for some people, and many enrollment counselors and insurance agents have been booked solid for the last couple of weeks. With hold times of nearly twenty minutes when calling a Covered California service center, the extra days until the deadline will make the sometimes time-consuming process of securing coverage less of a burden.
Whether you are one of the thousands of new enrollees (91,600 signed up between November 15th and December 11th) or are just looking to renew your existing policy, take advantage of these extra days to make sure you are getting comprehensive coverage for the lowest premiums.
To speak with a certified Covered California agent, contact Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services, located in Redlands, today. Our team is committed to securing the best health insurance coverage for you at the most competitive rates in the industry. For all of your Southern California health insurance needs, connect with our team during this open enrollment period to get the peace of mind that comes with great coverage and avoiding Obamacare penalty fees.
Despite common initial reaction to recent health care reform, health insurance brokers are still important, if not more important when it comes to the health care industry. With the majority of California residents still wondering how the Affordable Care Act will affect their lives, insurance brokers are able to help individuals and small businesses navigate through the various health insurance regulations. Gathered are 5 reasons why your insurance broker will become even more vital of an asset to you:
- If you are one of the many individuals who will be purchasing health insurance for the first time, your insurance broker will be able to answer any questions you may have, and guide you through the process of successfully enrolling in health care.
- Your insurance agent will be able to tell you whether or not your existing health insurance plan can become a grandfathered plan where you can keep it. You can even ask your insurance agent to help you determine which plan is the most cost effective and which provides the most benefits to you.
- As a small business owner, you may be able to purchase SHOP coverage through your insurance broker. Likewise, your insurance agent can help make sure that you are following all new rules and regulations under Obamacare, and help you assess the various health insurance options.
- As a small business owner, you can utilize the various benefits of having an employee benefits broker by your side. Your insurance broker will be able to manage your health care costs while ensuring that your organization complies with all rules and regulations.
- Most importantly to note, your insurance agent has been in the industry far longer than any health care reform navigator, therefore, they will best be able to assist you.
We understand that the various implications surrounding Covered California may have you confused, and that is why we are available to dispel any myths and reveal only the truth. Contact Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services for all of your California health insurance needs.