Free Preventive Care
Under the Affordable Care Act, all health insurance policies that are purchased through the Marketplace allow people to have access to free preventive care. These preventive care options are meant to keep people healthy to help them avoid trips to their doctor and pricey medications.
While they are known as free preventive care services, they are not really free. They are paid for by your insurance company with the money that you pay each month for your premiums. However, there is no out of pocket costs for you when you need these services, meaning you can never be charged a copay, deductible, or coinsurance.
There are many different services that are part of free preventive care, including immunizations, cholesterol and blood pressure screenings, depression screening, and oral health and vision screenings for children. There are also preventive services that are available to women, including prenatal care and contraceptives.
When going in for these free preventive services, it is important to tell your doctor when you make the appointment so that you are not charged for the visit. Keep in mind that while these services are free, there may be some associated costs, such as if you need a follow up visit or a separate treatment.
Keep in mind that most health insurance providers will only pay for preventive care if you go to an in network doctor. If you choose to go to a physician that is out of the network of your health insurance provider, you may be left paying for the services out of your own pocket.
For all of your health insurance needs and to ensure that you are able to take advantage of the free preventive care that is available, contact the insurance professionals at Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services in Redlands, California.
November is in full swing, and you may be feeling the stresses associated with choosing the correct health care plan. Luckily, you do not have to go through this alone. The insurance professionals at Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services in Redlands are here for you!
We can help to alleviate some of the pressure, and make open enrollment much easier. Our brokers can assist you with navigating the Marketplace, and providing a number of additional benefits. Here are a few reasons why you should not attempt to steer through the complex open enrollment process without the assistance of a Certified Covered California Broker:
- Your insurance broker will be able to tell if you qualify for certain savings that you may otherwise be unaware of!
- The Marketplace is full of an overwhelming amount of information. Unless you are a health care pro, it will take you hours upon hours to fully grasp, and find all of the information you need. A broker can help expedite this process. Time is money, and we are sure that you would appreciate a few extra hours to use elsewhere.
- Brokers earn their living by making sure that you are satisfied. They will not stop working until you have a plan that fits perfectly into your lifestyle, and budget.
- If you fail to work with a broker, you risk settling on a plan that is not comprehensive enough to cover you in your time of need.
In order to locate a Certified Covered California broker in Redlands California, please give the insurance professionals at Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services a call! We offer a number of health plans for individuals, families, groups, those with critical illnesses, children, and more. One of our licensed agents will gladly provide you with a free quote, and can promise that you will not have to sacrifice comprehensive coverage for price!
2014 is quickly coming to a close! The middle of November has passed, which means we are in the midst of open enrollment season. If you have not already taken the time to evaluate your current, and future health care needs, now is the time to do so. Knowing what you do and do not need in a health plan will make the selection process much easier.
In order to secure your new health plan, you need to make sure you meet the appropriate deadlines. You are only allowed to go 3 months with a gap in your coverage before you will be ordered to pay an expensive fine. In order to avoid this, and save yourself some time and money, familiarize yourself with these important dates:
- Open enrollment 2015 officially begins on November 15th of 2014.
- The final day to enroll for a health plan that will kick in on January 1st, 2015 is December 31st, 2014.
- All health plans purchased through the 2014 Marketplace will cease to be effective beginning December 31st, 2014.
- January 1st, 2015 is the first date that new health coverage can begin.
- Open enrollment 2015 will close on February 15th, 2015.
Make sure that you do not miss any of these crucial deadlines. Do not take the risk of being under or uninsured for any amount of time. You will surely regret it when you are in the face of a health care-related emergency!
The best way to navigate the 2015 Marketplace is to first contact a Certified Covered California Broker. These individuals have the knowledge and experience necessary to guide you through the complex, and often confusing world of health care. They can dispense quality advice that will make choosing the right plan for you much easier. Certified Covered California Brokers can even find ways to save you money! Please contact Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services to speak with a licensed agent today!