When it comes to your health, you want to ensure that you will be protected no matter what unforeseen health problem may come your way. In order to do so, you must purchase a health care plan. It can be difficult to find a comprehensive plan that fits nicely into your budget. The Marketplace offers a variety of health care plans that benefit most individuals.
As of November, open enrollment 2015 is currently in session. Millions of Americans are navigating the Marketplace, attempting to evaluate their health care needs. The deadline by which you must select your health plan is February 15th, 2015. Even if you are well aware of this deadline, there is always the chance that life throws you a curveball, and you miss it. If this happens, what should you do?
First things first, do not stress! Here is some information about the Obamacare offseason that may put your mind at ease:
- Do not cast away your incomplete application in despair! You should continue to complete your application, even if the deadline has passed. The administration has been known to make exceptions for special circumstances.
- If you happen to have recently gotten married, divorced, or adopted a child, you may qualify for a special enrollment period.
- Consider enrolling in Medicaid. There is no deadline for Medicaid enrollment.
- If you were turned down for a special enrollment period, and believe that the decision was made unfairly, you can make an appeal. Visit the HealthCare.gov website to learn more about the appeal process.
- Consider purchasing a health care plan through the private market.
For more information about open enrollment 2015, deadlines, or private health care plans, please contact a Certified Covered California agent from Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services, located in Redlands California. We have the experience necessary to assist you with all of your health care needs.