When it comes to your health, you want to ensure that you will be protected no matter what unforeseen health problem may come your way. In order to do so, you must purchase a health care plan. It can be difficult to find a comprehensive plan that fits nicely into your budget. The Marketplace offers a variety of health care plans that benefit most individuals.
As of November, open enrollment 2015 is currently in session. Millions of Americans are navigating the Marketplace, attempting to evaluate their health care needs. The deadline by which you must select your health plan is February 15th, 2015. Even if you are well aware of this deadline, there is always the chance that life throws you a curveball, and you miss it. If this happens, what should you do?
First things first, do not stress! Here is some information about the Obamacare offseason that may put your mind at ease:
- Do not cast away your incomplete application in despair! You should continue to complete your application, even if the deadline has passed. The administration has been known to make exceptions for special circumstances.
- If you happen to have recently gotten married, divorced, or adopted a child, you may qualify for a special enrollment period.
- Consider enrolling in Medicaid. There is no deadline for Medicaid enrollment.
- If you were turned down for a special enrollment period, and believe that the decision was made unfairly, you can make an appeal. Visit the HealthCare.gov website to learn more about the appeal process.
- Consider purchasing a health care plan through the private market.
For more information about open enrollment 2015, deadlines, or private health care plans, please contact a Certified Covered California agent from Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services, located in Redlands California. We have the experience necessary to assist you with all of your health care needs.
November is in full swing, and you may be feeling the stresses associated with choosing the correct health care plan. Luckily, you do not have to go through this alone. The insurance professionals at Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services in Redlands are here for you!
We can help to alleviate some of the pressure, and make open enrollment much easier. Our brokers can assist you with navigating the Marketplace, and providing a number of additional benefits. Here are a few reasons why you should not attempt to steer through the complex open enrollment process without the assistance of a Certified Covered California Broker:
- Your insurance broker will be able to tell if you qualify for certain savings that you may otherwise be unaware of!
- The Marketplace is full of an overwhelming amount of information. Unless you are a health care pro, it will take you hours upon hours to fully grasp, and find all of the information you need. A broker can help expedite this process. Time is money, and we are sure that you would appreciate a few extra hours to use elsewhere.
- Brokers earn their living by making sure that you are satisfied. They will not stop working until you have a plan that fits perfectly into your lifestyle, and budget.
- If you fail to work with a broker, you risk settling on a plan that is not comprehensive enough to cover you in your time of need.
In order to locate a Certified Covered California broker in Redlands California, please give the insurance professionals at Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services a call! We offer a number of health plans for individuals, families, groups, those with critical illnesses, children, and more. One of our licensed agents will gladly provide you with a free quote, and can promise that you will not have to sacrifice comprehensive coverage for price!
Open enrollment 2015 is finally upon us! Now is the time to be consumed with thoughts of health care in order to financially prepare yourself for the future. If you are preparing for the important decision of selecting your new health plan, you are probably aware that there are a number of different insurance categories to choose from. The categories differ based on how medical expenses will be shared between you and your plan.
Five main categories currently exist, and are known in the health care world as “metal levels”. The different levels take an individual’s monthly premium, coinsurance, copay, deductible, and out-of-pocket maximum into consideration. Here is a break down of the metal levels:
- With a bronze level plan, you will pay approximately 40%, while your health plan will cover 60%.
- In a silver plan, the costs are split into 70%, and 30%. You will pay the 30%, and your health care plan will pay about 70%.
- With a gold level plan, you will only pay about 20%! Your health plan will cover the remaining 80%!
- A platinum level health plan will pay all but 10%. The remaining 10% will be up to you.
- Catastrophic coverage plans are only applicable for individuals under the age of 30! Those with this type of plan will also need to qualify for a hardship exemption. Catastrophic coverage plans pay under 60% of health expenses.
In order to choose the right plan for your needs, at a price that you can afford, you must consult with a Certified Covered California Broker. These individuals have the experience necessary to provide you with quality health care advice. Contact Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services to get in contact with a broker, and make the open enrollment process much easier!
2014 is quickly coming to a close! The middle of November has passed, which means we are in the midst of open enrollment season. If you have not already taken the time to evaluate your current, and future health care needs, now is the time to do so. Knowing what you do and do not need in a health plan will make the selection process much easier.
In order to secure your new health plan, you need to make sure you meet the appropriate deadlines. You are only allowed to go 3 months with a gap in your coverage before you will be ordered to pay an expensive fine. In order to avoid this, and save yourself some time and money, familiarize yourself with these important dates:
- Open enrollment 2015 officially begins on November 15th of 2014.
- The final day to enroll for a health plan that will kick in on January 1st, 2015 is December 31st, 2014.
- All health plans purchased through the 2014 Marketplace will cease to be effective beginning December 31st, 2014.
- January 1st, 2015 is the first date that new health coverage can begin.
- Open enrollment 2015 will close on February 15th, 2015.
Make sure that you do not miss any of these crucial deadlines. Do not take the risk of being under or uninsured for any amount of time. You will surely regret it when you are in the face of a health care-related emergency!
The best way to navigate the 2015 Marketplace is to first contact a Certified Covered California Broker. These individuals have the knowledge and experience necessary to guide you through the complex, and often confusing world of health care. They can dispense quality advice that will make choosing the right plan for you much easier. Certified Covered California Brokers can even find ways to save you money! Please contact Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services to speak with a licensed agent today!