Despite common initial reaction to recent health care reform, health insurance brokers are still important, if not more important when it comes to the health care industry. With the majority of California residents still wondering how the Affordable Care Act will affect their lives, insurance brokers are able to help individuals and small businesses navigate through the various health insurance regulations. Gathered are 5 reasons why your insurance broker will become even more vital of an asset to you:
- If you are one of the many individuals who will be purchasing health insurance for the first time, your insurance broker will be able to answer any questions you may have, and guide you through the process of successfully enrolling in health care.
- Your insurance agent will be able to tell you whether or not your existing health insurance plan can become a grandfathered plan where you can keep it. You can even ask your insurance agent to help you determine which plan is the most cost effective and which provides the most benefits to you.
- As a small business owner, you may be able to purchase SHOP coverage through your insurance broker. Likewise, your insurance agent can help make sure that you are following all new rules and regulations under Obamacare, and help you assess the various health insurance options.
- As a small business owner, you can utilize the various benefits of having an employee benefits broker by your side. Your insurance broker will be able to manage your health care costs while ensuring that your organization complies with all rules and regulations.
- Most importantly to note, your insurance agent has been in the industry far longer than any health care reform navigator, therefore, they will best be able to assist you.
We understand that the various implications surrounding Covered California may have you confused, and that is why we are available to dispel any myths and reveal only the truth. Contact Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services for all of your California health insurance needs.