With open enrollment 2015 right around the corner, you may be stressed out, especially if this is your first time applying for health coverage. However, there is no need to fret! We are here to break down the process and help you understand the often-confusing subject of health care. Here are a few useful tidbits of information to help ease your mind:
- The only way to apply for health care before November 15th is to qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Your current health coverage will end on December 31st of 2014 if it was purchased prior to November 15th, 2014.
- To apply online for health coverage, you will first need to make an account. Be prepared with a username and password that are secure, and memorable.
- You can begin filling out your application on the 15th of November.
- Be prepared to answer questions regarding your income, current health plan, how many individuals are in your household, and more.
- After your application has been filed, you will be presented with the coverage options that you are eligible to take advantage of.
- Once you have evaluated your options, you should select the plan that best suits your lifestyle.
- Your next and last step is to enroll in the plan of your choice, and to pay your first premium before the payment is overdue.
- Get in touch with one of one of our certified Covered California agents here at Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services to help you through the process!
We hope that these tips have proven useful to you! For any additional answers to your health insurance questions, contact the insurance professionals at Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services, located in Redlands! We cannot wait to assist you, today!
Before we know it, November will be nipping at our heels! Along with November comes Open Enrollment 2015! It is time to start thinking about your health insurance needs. During this time, you have the opportunity to adjust your current health insurance policy, or purchase a new one altogether. Being prepared for open enrollment now, will lead to less stress headaches come November. Here are a few things to think about before next month rolls around:
- Be prepared to have the addresses for every individual that will be covered under your policy.
- You will need to have your social security number on hand.
- If you are a legal immigrant, you should have your immigration documents handy.
- Be prepared with your pay stubs or W-2 forms to verify your employment and income status.
- Try to find an estimate of your household income for the last year.
- Be equipped with the insurance policy of your existing health coverage.
- If you or anyone in your household is eligible for an employer-sponsored health plan, you should complete the employer coverage tool prior to open enrollment.
- Make sure you know the start and end dates for open enrollment. The first day is November 15th, 2014 and open enrollment ends on February 15th, 2015. Make sure you do not miss any of the deadlines!
- Contact your certified Covered California agent at Bernardini & Donovan Insurance!
If you still have questions about the open enrollment process, or your current health insurance, please contact the trusted agents at Bernardini & Donovan Insurance! We are located in Redlands, California, and are prepared to find you a comprehensive health plan that meets all of your needs. As healthcare continues to increase in price, so does your need for an advocate in the health insurance world. Let us be your advocate, and contact us, today!
Did you know that as a small business owner with fewer than 25 employees you may be eligible to receive a tax credit? This is only of course if you qualify to offer your employees health coverage through the Small Business Health Options Program, also known as SHOP.
The Small Business Health Care Tax Credit is typically awarded to small businesses whose full time employees make an average of $50,000 or less annually. In order to qualify, you must be willing to pay at least 50% of the premium costs of your full time employee’s health care. You will not be required to offer health coverage to your part time employees or to the dependents of your full time employees. If you have fewer than 10 employees, expect to receive the ultimate benefits. The smaller your business, the larger tax credit you can expect to receive.
Employers abiding by the SHOP qualifications can receive up to 50% of their contribution towards employees’ premium costs. As a tax-exempt employer, you can receive up to 35 percent of your contribution towards employees’ premium costs in tax credits. Remember, this tax credit is only available for those employers who have provided their employees’ health coverage through the SHOP Marketplace.
How to Qualify for the Benefits of the Small Business Health Tax Credit:
- You must have 50 or fewer full time employees in order to offer health coverage through the SHOP Marketplace.
- As a SHOP member, you must offer health coverage to each full time employee.
- In order to qualify, about 70% of your employees must enroll in your SHOP plan.
- You will need to be relatively close to a SHOP service area in order to take advantage of this program.
Bernardini & Donovan Insurance Services strives to provide Redlands, California residents with excellent insurance services custom tailored to meet your unique needs. Contact us today and allow us customize a unique health insurance package for your family based on your needs.