Being a first-time health care policy owner can be stressful, and confusing! What happens if you select a health plan, and then decide that you wish to change it? Are you out of luck, or is there something you can do? We are here to help answer your questions like these! Here are a few pieces of enlightening health care information:
- You are allowed to change your plan, as long as it falls within the open enrollment window, which spans from November 15th, 2014 to February 15th, 2015.
- There may be an overlap period where you will live with your previously selected health care plan before your second choice plan kicks in. It is smart to discuss this time period with an insurance agent who specializes in health care.
- To change your health plan during the open enrollment period, your first step should be to log into your online marketplace account.
- Next, you should navigate through the “My Plans and Programs” section, to the “End/Terminate All Coverage” tab. Click “Eligibility & Appeals”, then “Continue to Enrollment” where you are welcome to compare and contrast different health plans that you are eligible for.
- Pay attention to the start date of your policy once you reach a decision.
- If you have troubles with the process, you should get in contact with one of our certified Covered California agents here at Bernardini & Donovan’s Insurance Services to help you find the right plan for you!
We hope this information has eased your mind if you think you may want to change your plan before the enrollment period is over. If you have health care questions that need answers, please get in touch with the skilled insurance agents at Bernadini & Donovan Insurance, located in Redlands! We are an experienced insurance agency who cannot wait to fulfill all of your healthcare needs!